ART OF MARINO MARINI ARRIVES IN SAO PAULO

(VELINO) Roma, 3 Jul - The art of Marino Marini has arrived inBrazil for the very first time, with a big retrospective on thesculptor: "Marino Marini: from Archaism to the End of Form",taking place in San Paolo from July 18 to Sept. 27 at thePinacoteca do Estado. The exhibition, curated by AlbertoSalvadori, seeks to offer the public a vast overview of theartist. To this end 33 sculptures and 43 paintings and drawingswill be on display in one of the Pinacoteca's galleries and inother parts of the building. The event has been organised

(VELINO) Roma, 3 Jul - The art of Marino Marini has arrived inBrazil for the very first time, with a big retrospective on thesculptor: "Marino Marini: from Archaism to the End of Form",taking place in San Paolo from July 18 to Sept. 27 at thePinacoteca do Estado. The exhibition, curated by AlbertoSalvadori, seeks to offer the public a vast overview of theartist. To this end 33 sculptures and 43 paintings and drawingswill be on display in one of the Pinacoteca's galleries and inother parts of the building. The event has been organised inpartnership with the Italian Cultural Institute (IIC) in thecity. Marino Marini was born in Pistoia on Feb. 27, 1901. Heenrolled at the Academy of Fine Arts in Florence, attending thepainting classes of Galileo Chini and sculpture ones taught byDomenico Trentacoste. In 1919 he went to Paris for the firsttime where he encountered the new trends in the art world.After returning to Italy he began to devote himself tosculpture and took part in a series of exhibitions. He firsthad a studio in Florence and then moved to Milan, which heconsidered Italy's most European city. He also began to workfor the ISIA art school in the Villa Reale in Monza, where hewas awarded the chair of sculpture. Later he returned to Pariswhere he met the greatest artists of the time, includingPicasso, De Chirico, Kandinsky and many others. He exhibited inMilan and in Rome and became an honorary member of the Academyof Fine Arts in Florence. He then became professor of sculptureat the Academy of Fine Arts of Brera in Milan, where he taughtthe young sculptress Amalia Del Ponte. Peggy Guggenheim boughthis equestrian figure, "The Angel of the City", and installedit in Venice outside her museum. Over the following years heexhibited in all the most important museums and receivedcontinuous awards throughout the fifties, sixties andseventies. He died in Viareggio on Aug. 6, 1980. vel.