Tunisia attack suspect wants to go to Europe, says family

(AGI) Rome, July 1 - Rafikhe Tayari, the suspected accomplicein last week's beach attack in Sousse, Tunisia, may alreadyhave left Africa for Europe. Indeed, the family of the youngTunisian told British tabloids that Rafikhe, considered adangerous terrorist, had moved to Libya to try to board one ofthe many ships crossing the Mediterranean. "The policeknow he is in Libya. I don't understand why they came here toterrorise us and search our home," said the 28 year-old's taxidriver father, Mohammad Najib Tayari. The man explainedthat his son had left their home in a

(AGI) Rome, July 1 - Rafikhe Tayari, the suspected accomplicein last week's beach attack in Sousse, Tunisia, may alreadyhave left Africa for Europe. Indeed, the family of the youngTunisian told British tabloids that Rafikhe, considered adangerous terrorist, had moved to Libya to try to board one ofthe many ships crossing the Mediterranean. "The policeknow he is in Libya. I don't understand why they came here toterrorise us and search our home," said the 28 year-old's taxidriver father, Mohammad Najib Tayari. The man explainedthat his son had left their home in a Tunis suburb seven monthsago, without saying where he was going. However, he did phonethem from time to time, saying that he was in Libya, withoutproviding a precise location. "The young people who go to Libyato reach Europe don't tell their parents because they know theywould try to stop them. It could also be that he is frightenedand has decided to stay," said Mohammad. However, the father issure of his son's innocence: "Everything is possible but Idon't think my son would do such a thing. I have not raised mychildren to be criminals," he stressed. . .

Se avete correzioni, suggerimenti o commenti scrivete a dir@agi.it